Charitable Gift Annuity—Immediate Payment
How It Works
- Transfer cash or other property to Connecticut College
- Connecticut College agrees to make payments for the life of one and up to two annuitants (payments are backed by our entire assets)
- The balance of the transfer inures to Connecticut College
- Payments for life that are favorably taxed
- When gift is funded with cash, part of payment will be tax-free
- When gift is funded with appreciated property, part will be taxed as capital gain, part will be tax-free, and part will be taxed as ordinary income
- Federal income-tax deduction for a portion of your gift
- Gift will provide generous support for Connecticut College
Note: The charitable gift annuity rates paid by Connecticut College are those suggested by the American Council on Gift Annuities, a national committee recognized by the IRS and state insurance departments. These rates have been calculated so as to provide attractive payments to the annuitants, with a maximum payout rate of 9%, and a portion of the contribution remaining for the College.
* The information contained herein is offered for general informational and educational purposes. The figures cited are accurate at the time of writing. State law may affect the results illustrated. This is not legal advice. Any prospective donor should seek the advice of a qualified estate and/or tax professional to determine the consequences of their gift. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association.
Request an eBrochure
Office of Gift Planning
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.